Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sketch 365: Week 9: "Through the Forest"

This "week" actually took two weeks to draw. The holidays made things busy and I ended up catching this weird migraine-inducing bug - TWICE - and I can't take any kind of painkillers so there was nothing I could do except lay down with a cold rag over my eyes all day. Also, these just took a long time to draw. I'm pretty rusty on my figure construction and I was using myself for it and because I hate self-portraiture (it's difficult because we don't see ourselves the way we can detach and see others), the faces aren't consistent. But hey, it's a sketchbook, not a final-book! I may be trying my best but I can still relax, have fun, and experiment and let it be okay to not be perfect. :)

Sketched in pencil, inked in Sharpie Pen, shaded in Prismacolor Premiere Markers, and the snow in the last frame is gesso because it was midnight and I couldn't find anything else and didn't want to wake my sister to borrow her acrylics. ;)

No comments: