Monday, December 8, 2014

Sketch 365: Week 7 - no theme

This week had no theme. The entire point of this challenge is to get myself to draw every day and I found that I was trying too hard to draw within the themes and was getting stressed out about picking a theme for this week. The themes are there IN CASE I feel too adrift with trying to decide what to draw, not a box to force myself in. They're a safety net, not a noose! And turns out I did just fine coming up with things to draw without a theme this time:

1.

2. 3.

4. 5.

6.

7.

1. "Parks Highway Igloo" - at mile 188.5 on the Parks Hwy, Alaska
2. "Brooks Lodge Flags" - in Katmai National Park & Preserve
3. "Bullet Holes in a Car" - I think these were in Kincaid Park, Anchorage, AK
4. "Ewa Beach, Oahu" - My mom lived near here
5. "Bullion Mountain" - a gold mining related shack on top of a mountain in Hatcher Pass, AK
6. "North Shore Wind Farm" - on Oahu 7. "Following the Lethe" - with my friend Trey, in the Valley of 10,000 Smokes in Katmai National Park & Preserve, Alaska.

No comments: