Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lanee wallpaper

When I drew this I knew I was going to want to make a vector version of it and make a wallpaper. I was originally going to do it all in Illustrator but I saw this fantastic wallpaper on Pixelgirl Presents and so it went in a different direction. Kind of experimental.


wide: 1920x12001680x10501440x9001280x800
full: 1600x12001280x9601152x8641024x768

Technical: Illustration by me, based on a photo I took. LiveTraced the illustration in Illustrator with minor cleanup. Texture by me, courtesy of the office fire (smoke damaged file folders = yay). The text is Norwegian, meaning "Let your sorrows rest at sea • Somewhere between north and south". It was chosen randomly - I was listening to the new Leaves' Eyes album Njord (they are a Norwegian group) and I thought some foreign text might look good in there, and since its easy to verify the translation on lyrics I went with that. Its a line from the song "Ankomst", used without permission, of course.

1 comment:

Yale Reinstein said...

Beautiful work. Replaced my boring wood panel background. Will have to look through your full back catalog of work for my desktop - big fan of BSG, SW and ladies too hehe