Monday, October 27, 2008

Cylon Centurion

At some point I had the idea to do a cylon centurion wallpaper, and then someone on Facebook requested a BSG wall as well so here I am, finally got to it. :D I would like to do one in a more WPA style which is what I had originally set out to do but got a bit carried away. Ah, well.



widescreen: 1920x12001680x10501440x9001280x800
fullscreen: 1600x12001280x9601152x8641024x768800x600

About…
Ah, pretty basic - I wanted to keep it simple. Drew the cylon and did the gradient background in Illustrator CS3, brought everything into Photoshop CS3 and added textures and the eye glow. One texture is a linen one by me, the other is rust by my friend Deborah Schildt. The eye glow is a brush I made. Took about 5 hours.

6 comments:

Marcy Phillips said...

Very cool! Changing desktop now.

Unknown said...

By your command I have downloaded the hi-rez version for my Matrix Controller (aka MacBook Pro). Excellent work.

Andy J. said...

can you make a smaller one for avatars?

Kara Stenberg said...

Darlhanad,
I have them in 100x100 size:
version 1 and version 2.

Feel free to crop and re-size the wallpaper itself to whatever icon dimensions you like using your preferred image manipulation software.

You're welcome.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Kara Stenberg said...

Anonymous,

Thanks - almost all of the older stuff is from school, I just back-dated it. It helps me to keep this blog so I can see a chronology of my own abilities and feel a sense of progress, which is slow since I'm teaching myself for the most part. :)