Friday, May 6, 2011

Faces In My Palette

I use disposable paper palettes for my oil painting and though I look at them before I toss them out, I have never had cause to keep any of them before. I was transferring my wet, useable paint from an old sheet to a new one when I saw a face in one of the leftover paint stains! It only needed one more eye and a little shading to add emphasis but it was otherwise there - a green Hobbes-like cat face! Fun! So I checked out all the other stains and found this sheet had several.

What is odd is that I've looked over all my sheets closely for faces since then but none of them have such obvious characters living within. Hmm.

Click to see larger







Oils on palette paper, 2011.

1 comment:

G Blechman said...

1) These are AMAZING.
2) I am starting up a networking community for supporters of the LGBT community, as well as readers and writers of LGBT fiction and nonfiction, called Everything LGBT. We will be discussing LGBT novels, movies, music, rights/issues, current events, etc. I would love it if you would joing and share the link with whomever you can. I believe that media will bring the next big change, and I want to help to make that happen. Thanks.

http://everythinglgbt.blogspot.com/2011/05/forming-network.html

<3 Gina Blechman

P.S. Tipping the Velvet let me to your blog